Information transmission efficiency in neuronal communication systems
© Paprocki et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2013
Published: 8 July 2013
This paper has been supported by Polish National Science Centre Grant N N519 646540.
- van Hemmen JL, Sejnowski T: 23 problems in Systems Neurosciences. Oxford University. 2006Google Scholar
- Levy W, Baxter R: Energy-efficient neuronal computation via quantal synaptic failures. Journal of Neuroscience. 2002, 22: 4746-4755.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Paprocki B, Szczepanski J: Efficiency of neural transmission as a function of synaptic noise, threshold, and source characteristics. Biosystems. 2011, 105: 62-72. 10.1016/j.biosystems.2011.03.005.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Paprocki B, Szczepanski J: How do the amplitude fluctuations affect the neuronal transmission efficiency. Neurocomputing. 2013, 104: 50-56.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kołbuk D, Sajkiewicz P, Kowalewski TA: Optical birefringence and molecular orientation of electrospun polycaprolactone fibers by polarizing-interference microscopy. European Polymer Journal. 2012, 48: 275-283. 10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2011.11.012.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Hu A, Zuo B, Zhang F, Lan Q, Zhang H: Electrospun silk fibroin nanofibers promote Schwann cell adhesion, growth and proliferation. Neural Regeneration Research. 2012, 7 (15): 1171-1178.PubMed CentralPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Paprocki B, Szczepanski J: Transmission efficiency in the brain-like neuronal networks. Information and energetic aspects. Neural Coding Workshop. 2012, PragueGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.