Why publish your article in BMC Neuroscience?
- We welcome research from across the entire field of neuroscience
- With over 1 million article downloads in 2020, publishing with BMC Neuroscience ensures high visibility for your article
- Transparency in the peer review process as reviewer reports are published with the article
- Manuscripts are handled by an established and international editorial board
- All article published by BMC Neuroscience are open access
Research we consider
As a BMC Series journal, BMC Neuroscience does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles, this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
The journal welcomes manuscripts in the following broad areas of neuroscience research:
- Anatomy, development, plasticity and repair in human, cellular, organoid and animal models
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms including neurotransmitters, neurotransmission, gliotransmission, synaptic transmission, neuropsychopharmacology, cell signaling, neurophysiology, neurogenetics and neurogenomics
- Cognition and behavior and all aspects of behavioral neuroscience and learning in humans and animal models
- Neurobiology of disease including neuroinflammation, neurodegenerative pathophysiology, neurodevelopmental disorders, neuropsychiatric disorders in human, cellular and animal models
- Systems neuroscience and the understanding of structure and function of neural circuits, systems and networks at all levels, all sensory systems and sensory processing, how neural circuits and brain networks support behavior and cognitive function and computational and theoretical neuromodeling
- Techniques in neuroscience including neural signal processing, neuroimaging, neural interfaces, neuromodulation and brain stimulation for fundamental and clinical neurosciences.
Not sure your manuscript is in scope for BMC Neuroscience? Please consider other journals in the BMC Series or try the Springer Nature Journal Suggester.
If your study is a clinical study of neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders, consider BMC Neurology or BMC Psychiatry.
If your study is investigating complementary or alternative medicine, consider BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies.