BMC Neuroscience advocates full and transparent reporting. For all articles reporting original research, excluding commentaries, reviews, and the like, please ensure that your paper provides the information detailed in our Minimum Standards for Reporting Checklist. On submitting your article you will be asked to confirm you have included this information, or give reasons for any instances where it is not made available or not applicable.
Our 3-step submission process
Before you submit
Now you’ve identified a journal to submit to, there are a few things you should be familiar with before you submit.
- Make sure you are submitting to the most suitable journal - Aims and scope
- Understand the costs and funding options - Fees and funding
- Make sure your manuscript is accurate and readable - Language editing services
- Understand the copyright agreement - Copyright
Ready to submit
To give your manuscript the best chance of publication, follow these policies and formatting guidelines.
- General formatting rules for all article types - Preparing your manuscript
- Make sure your submission is complete - Prepare supporting information
- Copyright and license agreement - Conditions of publication
- Read and agree to our Editorial Policies - Editorial policies
Submit and promote
After acceptance, we provide support so your article gains maximum impact in the scientific community and beyond.
Please note that manuscript can only be submitted by an author of the manuscript and may not be submitted by a third party.
- Who decides whether my work will be accepted? - Peer-review policy
- Want to submit to a different journal? - Manuscript transfers
- Spreading the word - Promoting your publication
Minimum standards for reporting checklist
Annual Journal Metrics
3.264 - 2-year Impact Factor (2021)
3.738 - 5-year Impact Factor (2021)
0.906 - SNIP (Source Normalized Impact per Paper)
0.856 - SJR (SCImago Journal Rank)
44 days to first decision for all manuscripts (Median)
37 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only (Median)
1,236,523 Downloads (2021)
429 Altmetric mentions (2021)